LABS & TESTING
What do I need to know about lab testing?
- Most lab tests ordered by an Anti-Fragility Health doctor will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests that we offer as part of our personalized lifestyle medicine testing program may not be covered by your insurance. In these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Anti-Fragility Health.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Anti-Fragility Health doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing, you have options to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or continue to work with your Anti-Fragility Health doctor.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Anti-Fragility Health, you will be charged for the shipping cost. This is not included in your membership fee.
What types of diagnostic testing does Anti-Fragility Health do?
We offer two categories of testing: initial blood and urine tests and specialty tests.
All specialty tests are optional and a personalized diagnostic testing plan will be recommended by your doctor. The specialty testings include food sensitivity test, toxicity test, gut microbiome test and genetic test.
Is testing included in my membership fee?
The cost of laboratory tests is not included in membership fee. Many lab tests are covered fully or partially by your health insurance plan, however some may not be covered at all, or may require a co-pay.
Will my insurance be accepted for my labs?
We accept almost all insurance other than Kaiser and Medicaid. With Kaiser, we suggest you have your primary care doctor at Kaiser order the tests from our requisition. Otherwise you will have to pay out of pocket. If you do not have insurance, please let us know before taking any tests. Some specialty tests will not be covered by insurance.
How much will my specialty testing cost?
Specialty tests vary in price. We will provide you with an estimate price before you take each test.
Where can I get my blood drawn?
You can get your blood test drawn at Anti-Fragility Health office. We will send the samples to the lab test providers.
Do I need to fast before I get my blood drawn?
Fasting before a blood draw means you don’t eat or drink anything except water. Fasting for a lab test typically lasts eight hours. Your doctor will give you special instructions related to your tests, including fasting requirements. Always follow her or his instructions.
Why would you consider sequencing your genome?
Your genome is your genetic blueprint. It can help you make better decisions about your health, today and in the future. You will find out what you may have inherited from Mom or Dad and what you may pass on. You will get useful information, like potential disease risks & recommendations for lifestyle adjustments — such as changes to your diet.